[HarfBuzz] Shaper for New Tai Lue

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Thu Mar 3 14:39:42 PST 2011

Hi Behdad,

In the interest of providing shaping for additional scripts, here is an attempt at "the simplest of all complex-script shapers", to support New Tai Lue script.

This does not require any special feature support, so it's a lot simpler than the Arabic shaper; but on the other hand it does need to do character-level reordering, and to support this I've introduced an additional function hb_preprocess_chars() that is called before the character codes are mapped to glyphs. Other scripts such as Hangul will also need to hook into the shaping process here, I think.

The patch here is based on the version of harfbuzz-ng code currently in the Mozilla tree; if any adjustment is needed for your current code, it should be easy to deal with, I expect.

JK