[HarfBuzz] hb-view

Adam Twardoch (List) list.adam at twardoch.com
Wed Mar 30 08:57:19 PDT 2011

Behdad,

it would be tremendously helpful for OpenType testing if you add
arbitrary feature support for hb-view.

You can use the XeTeX notation for commandline parameters (that Jonathan
developed):

OpenType font features are chosen with standard tags. They may be either
comma- or semicolon-separated, and prepended with a + to turn them on
and a - to turn them off.

So it could be:

--features="+smcp,+dlig,-liga"

I think there may be (in XeTeX) a syntax for explicitly selecting an nth
variant for GSUB one-to-one-out-of-many replacements (e.g. "+salt" would
activate the first variant, and "+salt:2" could activate the second
etc.). But even just plain enabling/disabling as I described above would
be very important.

Best,
Adam

--