[HarfBuzz] harfbuzz-ng: Branch 'master'

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed May 11 05:57:49 PDT 2011

On 05/11/11 03:11, Tom Hacohen wrote:

>> For clusters to be useful they have to be monotonic.  I think we have bugs in
>> that right now, but they're bugs that should be fixed.
>
> Yeah, that's right, otherwise you can't really find the source pos of a
> given glyph, I wonder what they do with the Indic scripts, because it's
> probably a mess there. Maybe an additional "source_pos" field is needed?

Every time more than one glyph in a row are merged to produce other glyphs,
the cluster value of the resulting glyphs must be set to the minimum of the
cluster values of all the input glyphs.

This is *almost* what we do now.  But I was thinking the other day that it
fails for non-native-direction, since we always copy the cluster value from
the first glyph.