[HarfBuzz] indic differences

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Sep 7 21:55:53 PDT 2011

On 09/07/11 06:37, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> it looks to me like HBNG is incorrectly reordering the e-matra (0947) to precede the ra (0930). This then prevents it finding the conjunct for "gre" (0917, 094D, 0930), and the visual result would be quite wrong (with the e-matra appearing on the ga-halant instead of the ra).

Right.  Basically the current Indic shaper is at best to be looked at as a
framework to build the Indic shaper.  I know at least three major issues with
it, that can be fixed easily.  But I've been holding back until I can at least
make an extensive-enough test suite that would enable me to quantify my changes.

Will be working on these soon.