[HarfBuzz] hb-view assert with graphite version of Scheherazade

Martin Hosken mhosken at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 18:45:42 PDT 2011

Dear Behdad,

> Humm.  As it is the logic in hb-graphite.cc only handles LTR runs.  I'm not
> fluent enough in Graphite to try to fix that.  I'll wait to see what Martin
> has to offer.

OK. Rather than bend my brain around all the possible configurations of clustering in RTL text, let me ask the following question and then I can work on getting the same clustering out of graphite.

With an rtl input text of arabic, rendering as CIBARA, where we consider a vowel to be a base character and a consonant to be a diacritic, are the clusters (in order):

1. (A R), (A B), (I C)
2. (R A), (B A), (C I)
3. (C I), (B A), (R A)
4. (I C), (A B), (A R)