[HarfBuzz] On hb_shape_plan() and other API for 1.0

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Apr 11 18:47:35 PDT 2012

As a crude test, I profiled the Indic shaping, and am conjecturing that about
10 to 20 percent of the time can be saved pre-planning the shaping process.
My testing showed no measurable saving for skipping the sanitizing process.

Maybe both can wait (and not block a 1.0 release) since neither one seems to
be hugely effective.

behdad