[HarfBuzz] Malayalam [was: Lemongrass HarfBuzz Hackfest, end of day 4]

Rajeesh K Nambiar rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:07:34 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> On 08/23/2012 03:57 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>> On 08/07/2012 12:56 AM, Rajeesh K Nambiar wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rajeesh,
>>
>> I just fixed both.  That greatly helped with test suite Malayalam numbers too!
>
> Umm.  Err, my bad.  It regressed new-spec Malayalam.  I'll come up with a fix.

Hi Behdad,

(assuming you have fixed those issues in later commits d9b204d3d2 and
b5584ee4b).

I've tested the latest git snapshot and it indeed seems to fix the
issues (using AnjaliNewLipi). With fonts Meera and Rachana, we agreed
that remaining issues are font bugs. Hence, excluding dot Reph, I
believe Malayalam rendering is now perfect!!

Thanks a lot!

--
Cheers,
Rajeesh