[HarfBuzz] Tai Tham Shaping Question #2 : MEDIAL RA

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan thep at linux.thai.net
Wed Dec 26 00:12:56 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:

> Our current recommendation is that if your font does NOT rely on the engine
> reordering, it's best to use the DFLT script.  In HarfBuzz we use that clue to
> decide whether to use the Indic shaper or the generic shaper.  In some cases,
> using a font designed for the generic shaper with the Indic shaper can produce
> inferior results.

This was already the case for the previous one.

> Or just ship one that has both a DFLT table, and a non-DFLT table.

How is this one?

  http://linux.thai.net/~thep/esaan-scripts/fonts/Khottabun-hb.ttf

Assuming the script code for Tai Tham is 'lana', according to this:

  https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/scripttags.htm

I've added script/language tags to appropriate GSUB rules, and to all
GPOS tables.

Regards,
-Thep.
--