[HarfBuzz] Issue with Sanskrit 2003 font

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 00:45:45 PST 2012

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> Interesting font.

True, and very much liked by a lot of Sanskritists, but:

I should remark that this font is largely unmaintained i.e. no updates
after 2003 or such, and I am not sure that all the OpenType rules are
in compliance with current specs. People knowledgeable in OT (and
savvy in the script) would have to check.

The author (a German gentleman with whom I have had much
correspondence) is no longer able to maintain it due to his age. He
has also donated it to some religious institution, but as per feedback
from my friends, the religious institution does not seem to have
people with technical know-how regarding font internals. I wish this
font were open-source so we could go in and fix things...

--
Shriramana Sharma