[HarfBuzz] cannot compile - please help

netstudio info at netstudio.gr
Sat Jan 7 05:36:45 PST 2012

Hello!

I've spent a lot of hours trying to compile harfbuzz on my CentOS 5.7
system with cPanel.

I've installed a lot of packages that were missing, but I keep getting
errors and I'm stuck. I don't know what the problem is.

Here is what I get when I try autogen.sh:

checking for ragel... /usr/bin/ragel
checking for autoreconf... /usr/local/bin/autoreconf
running autoreconf --force --install --verbose
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
    LANGUAGE = (unset),
    LC_ALL = (unset),
    LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
    LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
    LANGUAGE = (unset),
    LC_ALL = (unset),
    LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
    LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
    LANGUAGE = (unset),
    LC_ALL = (unset),
    LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
    LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
configure.ac:52: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not
m4_defun'd
/usr/local/share/aclocal/gtk-doc.m4:67: GTK_DOC_CHECK is expanded from...
configure.ac:52: the top level
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
configure.ac:52: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not
m4_defun'd
aclocal.m4:89: GTK_DOC_CHECK is expanded from...
configure.ac:52: the top level
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/local/bin/autoconf --force
configure.ac:52: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not
m4_defun'd
aclocal.m4:89: GTK_DOC_CHECK is expanded from...
configure.ac:52: the top level
configure.ac:32: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_SUBST
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:56: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_HEADERS
configure.ac:117: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_CHECKING
configure.ac:120: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_TRY_LINK
configure.ac:122: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT
autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

Could you please help me?

thanks,
Yannis