[HarfBuzz] cannot compile - please help

Alfabety dziedzic at alfabety.pl
Sat Jan 7 21:51:45 PST 2012

I had same problem. Recompiling and reinstalling all dependencies helped (freetype, fontconfig, pango and cairo as I remember)

On 7 sty 2012, at 23:36, netstudio wrote:

> The problem with my situation is that autogen.sh doesn't even create the configure script.
>

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 19:09, Nicolas Rougier <Nicolas.Rougier at inria.fr> wrote:
>
> I did not remove it from autogen.sh but from the generated configure script once autogen.sh has generated it.
>
> Nicolas
>
> On Jan 7, 2012, at 16:05 , netstudio wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply, but it's not the same error. And I don't know how to remove it from autogen.sh.
>>
>> I have downloaded and compiled GTK-DOC.
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 16:24, Nicolas Rougier <Nicolas.Rougier at inria.fr> wrote:
>>
>> I had the same probkem with the GTK_DOC_CHECK and I had to manually remove it from the configure script and restarting it (but not the autogen.sh)
>>
>> Nicolas
>>

>> On Jan 7, 2012, at 14:36 , netstudio wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I've spent a lot of hours trying to compile harfbuzz on my CentOS 5.7 system with cPanel.
>>>
>>> I've installed a lot of packages that were missing, but I keep getting errors and I'm stuck. I don't know what the problem is.
>>>
>>> Here is what I get when I try autogen.sh:
>>>

>>> checking for ragel... /usr/bin/ragel
>>> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
>>> checking for autoreconf... /usr/local/bin/autoreconf
>>> running autoreconf --force --install --verbose
>>> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>>> perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>>>     LANGUAGE = (unset),
>>>     LC_ALL = (unset),
>>>     LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
>>>     LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>>>     are supported and installed on your system.
>>> perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>>> autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
>>> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
>>> autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
>>> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>>> perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>>>     LANGUAGE = (unset),
>>>     LC_ALL = (unset),
>>>     LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
>>>     LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>>>     are supported and installed on your system.
>>> perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>>> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>>> perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>>>     LANGUAGE = (unset),
>>>     LC_ALL = (unset),
>>>     LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
>>>     LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>>>     are supported and installed on your system.
>>> perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>>> configure.ac:52: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
>>> /usr/local/share/aclocal/gtk-doc.m4:67: GTK_DOC_CHECK is expanded from...
>>> configure.ac:52: the top level
>>> autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
>>> configure.ac:52: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
>>> aclocal.m4:89: GTK_DOC_CHECK is expanded from...
>>> configure.ac:52: the top level
>>> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
>>> autoreconf: running: /usr/local/bin/autoconf --force
>>> configure.ac:52: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
>>> aclocal.m4:89: GTK_DOC_CHECK is expanded from...
>>> configure.ac:52: the top level
>>> configure.ac:32: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_SUBST
>>>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>>>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>>> configure.ac:56: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_HEADERS
>>> configure.ac:117: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_CHECKING
>>> configure.ac:120: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_TRY_LINK
>>> configure.ac:122: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT
>>> autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
>>>

>>> Could you please help me?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Yannis