[HarfBuzz] List of languages supported by harfbuzz

Samiullah Khawaja sami.khawaja at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 05:44:32 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Tom Hacohen <tom.hacohen at samsung.com> wrote:

> On 05/07/12 12:40, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Samiullah Khawaja
>> <sami.khawaja at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I have some more questions... how can i find direction of the text? Is HB
>>> able to determine the text direction by itself?
>>>

>> I suppose HB just implements http://www.unicode.org/**reports/tr9/<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9/>--
>> all Unicode characters have a directionality property which would help
>> determine the direction of rendering.
>>

> Doesn't and never will, see my reply to Samiullah Khawaja.
>
> --
> Tom.

Thanks.

I am building harfbuzz for Android, I have created a make file for it and
have also compiled the harfbuzz code. Now for arabic do I need the icu or
glib unicode functions? or the unicode nil function should do the job?

Can I use libunistring for unicode functions if nil won't work?

Regards,
Sami