[HarfBuzz] Lemongrass HarfBuzz Hackfest, end of day 4

Rajeesh K Nambiar rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 09:44:09 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:

>> Might have noticed already, but just want to point out hb-view fails
>> to render some of the Malayalam sequences with the following error:
>> ERROR:helper-cairo.cc:439:void
>> helper_cairo_line_from_buffer(helper_cairo_line_t*, hb_buffer_t*,
>> const char*, unsigned int, double, hb_bool_t): assertion failed:
>> (hb_glyph[i].cluster > hb_glyph[i-1].cluster)
>
> We speculated that the Indic shaper can mess up the clusters in some cases,
> but didn't produce any sequence to do so.  I'm very curious to reproduce and
> fix this.  In general, if you see a bug, assume that we don't know about it
> and report the sequence and the font. :-)

Hi Behdad,

I'm using the test data mentioned earlier:
http://silpa.org.in/pub/tests/hb/ml/ml-harfbuzz-testdata.txt
Test case 11 : 'ഗ്ദ്ധ്രോ' (U+0D17, U+0D26, U+0D27, U+0D30, U+0D13) and
much simpler ones like test case 24: 'ത്തെ' (U+0D24, U+0D24, U+0D0E)
can be used. Fonts used were RaghuMalayalam, Rachana and Meera (they
are available here:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/smc/fonts/malayalam-fonts-5.0.1/)

--
Cheers,