[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz.old backend in new HarfBuzz

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Jul 25 08:17:17 PDT 2012

Hi,

Quick heads up that I just pushed a new backend in HarfBuzz that uses the
HarfBuzz.old shaper.  All code is in-tree, so no dependencies.  You can choose
the old shaper by its name "old" using --shaper or hb_shape_full().

Pretty much like the Uniscribe and CoreText backends, this new backend is
primarily for testing, and may be removed in the future (after I have
convinced everyone to move to the real HarfBuzz).

Coming soon...  iculayout backend perhaps.  And lets see if Jonathan will do a
DWrite backend any time soon.

Cheers,