[HarfBuzz] Harfbuzz on Windows

Samiullah Khawaja sami.khawaja at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:18:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

What about uniscribe? Will it be able to replace the icu/glib dependency. I
thought I can get rid of icu/glib dependency by using uniscribe. Is my
assumption wrong? What does hb-uniscribe.cc file in harfbuzz-ng source do?

Are there any Windows APIs I can use and write a layer on it to replace the
icu/glib dependency?

Thanks for the help.
Sami

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:

> On 07/25/2012 04:58 PM, Grigori Goronzy wrote:
> > Unfortunately both ICU and glib are huge frameworks with their own set
> > of dependencies. A stripped-down standalone library that provides a
> > unicode character database and nothing more would be great to have.
>
> I'm planning on shipping a barebone set of Unicode data internally in
> HarfBuzz
> for such usecases.  No concrete timeline right now, but it's an afternoon's
> worth of hacking.
>
> behdad

Samiullah Khawaja
Software Engineer