[HarfBuzz] [Harfbuzz-indic] Hackfest report

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Jun 12 05:44:12 PDT 2012

On 05/29/2012 05:23 AM, Arjuna Rao Chavala wrote:

> Can you let us know more details on your testing like  how Uniscribe has  been
> setup to produce the  glyph sequences and how the comparison of the rendering
> results were done along with a sample extract of wordlist for one language?

HarfBuzz has a Uniscribe backend.  You can tell the hb-view and hb-shape tools
which backends to use, using eg. "--shaper=uniscribe".  The in-house shaper is
called "ot".

I will send an announcement out about the wordlist data.  I have not published
the Uniscribe output files yet since that's more work.

Cheers,
behdad