[HarfBuzz] hb-view cuts of part of text/character?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sun May 27 11:08:18 PDT 2012

On 05/27/2012 12:44 PM, Rolf Langenhuijzen wrote:
> I think ink extents as you call them (nice name btw) are implemented in pango-view, correct? I mean should I be using that instead maybe?

I don't remember off the top of my head what pango-view does.  At any rate,
which one you need really depends on what functionality you want.  hb-view
only works for one font, one script, one language, one direction at a time.
pango-view does not have any of these limitations, but does not let you choose
font by file, only by font descriptions.

behdad