[HarfBuzz] Hackfest report

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon May 28 11:22:27 PDT 2012

On 05/28/2012 02:13 PM, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
>>
>> I ran these through.  Tamil is at 0.87%, which is really nice.  There's 806
>> failures.
>
> Frankly for Tamil 806 failures is high. Tamil is perhaps the simplest
> major Indic script.

I find that statement hard to believe.  I didn't tell you out of how many
cases!  806 out of a million words is not very high to me.  See my original
report.  Many of the failure cases are peculiar sequences that we disagree
with Uniscribe on.  Anyway, I'll look into it more closely.  I think I should
go ahead and make frequency-adjusted first.