[HarfBuzz] Line break properties in UCDN

Tom Hacohen tom at stosb.com
Fri Nov 9 02:56:10 PST 2012

On 09/11/12 08:19, Lóránt Pintér wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to include data from LineBreaks.txt in the ucdn
> project? Maybe a conditional during build to enable this? Or am I
> missing something, and it's already included? (makeunicodedata.py
> mentions it, but I don't see it anywhere in the API.)

There's actually an whole algorithm for handling linebreak positions,
it's not just a matter of "using the data". Please consider using
liblinebreak that handles both the line and word breaking algorithms. If
you are referring to what Behdad was talking about the other day about
the issue with firefox/gtk+ (if I remember correctly), you can't really
do that. The line breaking data only lets you know about break
opportunities (or musts), but in order to really know where to breaks
at, you'd actually need to know the rendering constraints of your
environment, i.e when you actually want to break. I don't remember
exactly what the firefox issue was, but doing linebreaking goes more
into the scope of pango than harfbuzz.

--
Tom.