[HarfBuzz] Tai Tham Shaping Question #2 : MEDIAL RA

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan thep at linux.thai.net
Wed Nov 14 01:15:42 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> Ed!
>
> There's no way we can fix these without a font!  Just send the font first
> already :).  Jonathan and I are having yet another HarfBuzz Hackfest week this
> week and like to address the remaining issues for "Tai *" scripts :).

While waiting for Ed, you may try Khottabun font for Lao/Esaan Tham script,
another Tai Tham variation used in Lao and northeastern Thailand:

 http://linux.thai.net/~thep/esaan-scripts/fonts/Khottabun.ttf

The font, however, has provided all the reordering rules in GSUB, so that it
can still display on absence of rendering engine preprocessing. It may not be
good for your testing, but you can get some idea of the requirements from it.

A test page, with web font embeded:

  http://linux.thai.net/~thep/esaan-scripts/tham-test-woff.html

It reportedly renders properly on Firefox and IE9, but not on Chrome.

Regards,
-Thep.
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan