[HarfBuzz] Library similar to HarfBuzz to shape mathematical equations?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Nov 14 14:23:32 PST 2012

Hi,

I'd be interested in helping with such an effort, I already started
cleaning up GtkMathView (on a private fork) a while ago to prepare it
for OpenType math support, would there be any interest in HarfBuzz
providing an API to read MATH table? (I think it might help a bit with
porting Gecko to OpenType math that some Mozilla MathML people seem to
be interested in). That would be a good start, a full math engine in
HarfBuzz would be nice, but it might be too much I think, given the
complexity of math layout.

Regards,
 Khaled