[HarfBuzz] Testing out Jonathan's proposal to fix mixed-up Khmer fonts

Olivier BERTEN olivier.berten at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:08:06 PST 2012

According to the font documentation:

"Khmer Busra dot
This font does something that a Unicode font should not do and that is it
does not show the ‘correct’ symbol for one particular Unicode codepoint. It
shows a dotted circle in the place where a ក should be shown. It may be
used for didactic purposes. This is to circumvent a particular limitation
of the Microsoft Unicode implementation that does not permit some Khmer
symbols to stand on their own together with another character.
This font is not suited for displaying any Khmer text."

So it's not broken but doesn't infirm the patch ;-)

Olivier