[HarfBuzz] Burmese font issues in Android (ICS and Jelly Bean) with Harfbuzz.

Ngwe Tun ngwetun at solvewaresolution.net
Sun Oct 28 08:25:05 PDT 2012

Dear List,

I found that Burmese Font Encoding Issues in ICS and Jelly Bean at Android
OS. I found that Harfbuzz library is not updated for Unicode Standards 5.1
and additions to Myanmar code block. We developed some Myanmar Unicode Font
and can't see properly well.
src ;
http://code.metager.de/source/xref/android/4.1.1/external/harfbuzz/src/harfbuzz-myanmar.c

Can I know when Android OS will pick Harfbuzz latest updated version or Can
we fix the harfbuzz library by ourselves.

looking forward any points to fix it.

Best

Ngwe Tun

--
In Burmese; Ngwe mean 1) Silver 2) Money 3) Second Awards; Tun mean 1)
Light 2) be prominent.