[HarfBuzz] Lookup 6 table applys on the result of the lookup 5 table ?

Maison en a Pecita acquadoria at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 05:48:59 PDT 2012

Hello Harfbuzz list, I'm embarrassed to ask you :)

I prepared a tutorial on contextual substitutions applied to the Latin
script: http://pecita.net/otfpoc/calt-en.xhtml
The most important sentence is:
"Lookup 6 table applies on the result of the lookup 5 table."
This sentence is the result of my experiences but not of the reading of
a standard that I've never found.
The consequence is that the implementation of contextual alternatives
for Latin typeface must use these two tables together to give a correct
result.
Can you confirm it?

Regards,
Philippe Cochy