[HarfBuzz] an issue regarding discrepancy between Korean and Unicode standards

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 22:12:25 PDT 2013

2013/4/5 Dohyun Kim <nomosnomos at gmail.com>:
> In this confused situation, the best policy seems to be as follows:
>
>  1. decompose hangul syllables *before* font features are applied
>  2. let font do its glyph substitution
>  3. compose remaining jamo glyphs to syllable *after* font features
> have been applied

Well, on a second thought, I now change my previous suggestion.
The first process, that is decompostion before applying features, is
not needed and desirable.  In practice we Koreans do not mix syllable
and jamo letters, in spite of Unicode standard.

But it would be better if harfbuzz accepts the third, that is the
composition after features are applied.

Best,
--
Dohyun Kim