[HarfBuzz] Tai Tham NGA, SAKOT is not Kinzi

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan thep at linux.thai.net
Wed Apr 10 06:37:51 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
<thep at linux.thai.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 6:23 AM, Richard Wordingham
> <richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 13:10:53 +0700
>> Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep at linux.thai.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Now I wonder how far MAI KANG & MAI KANG LAI is shifted to the left in
>>> Khuen/Lanna.
>>
>> In Tai Khuen, or at least, printed material, MAI KANG LAI is placed
>> between the two consonants.  The typeset course notes from Wat Suan Dok
>> (Chiang Mai, Northern Thai) clearly show it on the first base consonant.
>
> In a Lanna tutorial [1], it's stated in page 12 that MAI KANG LAI is placed on
> the second consonant only. But the position is actually in the middle.
>
>   [1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12266813/TaiTham/lanna-tutorial.pdf

Note: The original doc is here:
  http://www.maekhu.go.th/img_update/download/44_398_Test-003.pdf

In addition, this Lanna tutorial clip also says that MAI KANG LAI is placed on
second consonant:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk4_tPnL3us

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/