[HarfBuzz] U+1A55 TAI THAM MEDIAL RA Reordering in HarfBuzz?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 23 14:28:03 PDT 2013

On 23/4/13 22:18, Ed Trager wrote:> Hi, Behdad and List Members,

 > In Firefox 20.0 on Mac OS X and in Firefox 18.0.2 on Ubuntu, I see that
 > the five PREFIXED TAI THAM DEPENDENT VOWEL SIGNS  U+1A6E, 1A6F, 1A70,
 > 1A71, 1A72 are correctly reordered and the spacing/kerning after
 > reordering is also correct.
 >
 > HOWEVER, U+1A55 TAI THAM MEDIAL RA is *NOT* being reordered in these two
 > versions of Firefox ...  May I kindly ask WHY IS THAT ?
 >
 > Surely FF 18.0.2 on Ubuntu is using HarfBuzz, yes?  I'm not sure about
 > FF 20.0 on Mac OS X -- also using HarfBuzz or not ?

Certainly not the most recent version of harfbuzz.

Try up-to-date Nightly builds (or at least the Aurora release channel)
to see if the behavior is the same there.

Also, providing a minimal but complete testcase (e.g. an HTML page that
uses @font-face to load an appropriate font) would make it easier for us
to reproduce and investigate any issues.

JK