[HarfBuzz] Missing header files

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Apr 28 04:40:37 PDT 2013

Hi Behdad, I hope you can help with a small build problem....

I need to build Harfbuzz using MSVC.  Previously I'd already built it as
part of pango - but since it got separated from pango, Harfbuzz seems to
have grown quite a bit.  I've still got my original MSVC project so, in
theory, to build the main Harfbuzz library should only be a matter of
adding all those extra new source files and configuring any new #defines
(such as HAVE_OT, which I only discovered yesterday).

Anyway, the build seems to be progressing well, except that there are
some header files missing - specifically:-

         hb-ot-shape-complex-indic-machine.hh
         hb-ot-shape-complex-myanmar-machine.hh
         hb-ot-shape-complex-sea-machine.hh

Instead, I seem to have 3 x files with similar names but with the
extension ".rl":-

         hb-ot-shape-complex-indic-machine.rl
         hb-ot-shape-complex-myanmar-machine.rl
         hb-ot-shape-complex-sea-machine.rl

I assume these are some kind of input files from which the corresponding
header files can be generated?  What needs to be done to the ".rl" files
so that I can arrive at the ".hh" files?  It looks like it might just be
a matter of text substitution perhaps.

John