[HarfBuzz] Kerning issue with Linux Libertine smallcaps

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 4 04:41:47 PDT 2013

FWIW, testing LinLibertine in IE10 on Win8, I see the same behavior as
in Firefox (using harfbuzz): the <V, a.sc> and <T, hyphen.sc> pairs are
NOT kerned.

So I believe this supports the interpretation that this is a font bug,
and we should -not- special-case Class0 as per the experimental harfbuzz
patch.

(In principle, a font could have real kerning values specified for
<classN, class0>, although it's most likely that class0 will always be
used for the default do-nothing case.)