[HarfBuzz] Thank you for HarfBuzz and my first question :-)

Graham Douglas graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 03:54:42 PDT 2013

Dear All

Firstly, a huge thanks to Behdad and all involved for creating HarfBuzz,
it's a marvellous library. Hopefully, as time permits, there will be
some documentation to accompany the library, to reduce newbie questions
like mine?

I've just compiled it on Windows 7 as a static library (using Visual
Studio) and finally managed to get my first simple example working to
shape fully-vowelled Arabic.

My question is, given a buffer with content_type  =
HB_BUFFER_CONTENT_TYPE_GLYPHS, can I determine the Glyph Class of each
glyph in the buffer? If so, how do I do that?

What I'm looking for is this info:
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_table_formats5.html

Glyph Class 1 = Base glyph (single character, spacing glyph)
Glyph Class 2 = Ligature glyph (multiple character, spacing glyph)
Glyph Class 3 = Mark glyph (non-spacing combining glyph)
Glyph Class 4 = Component glyph (part of single character, spacing glyph)

Many thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

Best wishes

Graham

- See more at: http://www.readytext.co.uk/#sthash.PVlz8piq.dpuf