[HarfBuzz] Change in HarfBuzz after version 0.90 ?

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 09:58:43 PST 2013

Why Thank You, Johnathan!

Yes, indeed, I think a fix in HarfBuzz would be much more pleasant than me
spinning my wheels but getting nowhere trying to fix errors introduced by
the Unicode Standards body.  Needless to say, the fix that I attempted did
not work probably for exactly the reasons that Johnathan has stated.

And of course not just my "Hariphunchai" font is affected by this --- I
have tested Theppitak Karoonboonyanan's font, "Khottabun" and it is
likewise affected.

And presumably anyone else attempting to make an OpenType-based Tai Tham
font will run into the same wall every time ...

Best Holiday Wishes to Everyone!  -- Ed