[HarfBuzz] Corner case wrt to repeating Malayalam vowel sign OO

Carl Simonson simonsonc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:22:33 PST 2013

I was wondering about ZWNJ/ZWJ too. It seems like that could do the job for
the non-numeral case.

I've tried other renderings on Windows, Mac, and Pango and none of them do
this repeating vowel thing. Are the people who want vowels to repeat able
to get this to work with these existing systems, or are these existing
systems rendering wrong in the first place?

Also, if implemented, for what scripts should this apply? Just Malayalam?
All Indic scripts? What about Latin combining characters, e.g. accent grave
U+0300?

Carl S

Carl Simonson
simonsonc at gmail.com