[HarfBuzz] Tutorial on using Harfbuzz Indic shaping API

ratheesh pai ratheeshpai at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 05:53:12 PST 2013

Hi

- Is there a simple tutorial on using Harfbuzz Indic shaping API. I tried to figure out by reading code, but was not able to.

- I am looking in the lines of inputting a indic font TTF file like MS mangal.ttf and Unicode input text
       harfbuzzApi(indicFontTTFfile, inputText)
  and getting back
      Unicode Reshaped Text + GlyphIds for reshaped text (when corresponding unicode not there for that glyph)

- this is for initial feasibility study on using in a indic pdf creation library.

TIA