[HarfBuzz] pango and harfbuzz

Felipe Heidrich felipeottawa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 09:19:17 PDT 2013

Thank you Behdad, that is important information to me.

It seems I will need a mix of pango+harfbuzz.
pango to itemzime+font-fallback and harfbuzz for shaping (with font
features support, linear layout).

Do you happen to know what the browsers (firefox, webkit) are doing  ?

Back to rendering, as far as glyph rasterization goes, is there anything I
can do with cairo/pangocairo that I can't do directly with freetype ?
Basically I need  8bpp grayscale and 24bpp LCD masks (which I'll upload to
an opengl texture).
Ideally I need to produce subpixel text positioned glyphs (at 0, .33, .66).

Thanks
Felipe