[HarfBuzz] Regression test for thai (0.9.5 vs 0.9.14)

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Tue May 14 17:17:46 PDT 2013

On Tue, 14 May 2013 15:12:32 -0400
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:

> On 13-05-10 10:09 PM, datao zhang wrote:
> > Close this subject. After checking code, in new version, we can set
> > "--bot" option to show the dotted circle.
>
> Ah right.  I wonder whether --bot should have been made default...

I'm sorry, I couldn't find the Thai logic for dotted circles.
(The option --bot seems to have no effect on hb-view for Thai in
HarfBuzz 0.9.14.)  Can you assure me that hyphen-like characters (in
particular U+002D HYPHEN-MINUS, U+2011 NON-BREAKING HYPHEN, U+2013 EN
DASH and U+2212 MINUS SIGN) will be treated as valid base consonants for
Thai combining marks? Lao generally uses the x-like characters (U+0078
LATIN SMALL LETTER X and U+00D7 MULTIPLICATION SIGN) as generic base
characters.  These usages extend to the 'Tai Tham' script, with Thais
favouring the hyphen family and Laotians the x-family.

Richard.