[HarfBuzz] osx updated install failed

Rolf Langenhuijzen rolf.langenhuijzen at xs4all.nl
Tue May 14 22:39:27 PDT 2013

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade my harfbuzz installation (OSX) from a working 0.9.14.
As I usually do I downloaded the latest tarball, ran ./configure (which seemed OK), then make and make install, but now when I run "hb-shape --version" as  a test I get:

dyld: Symbol not found: _hb_ft_font_set_funcs
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/hb-shape
  Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libharfbuzz.0.dylib
 in /usr/local/bin/hb-shape
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Any idea what this is?

Thanks, Rolf

PS >

I tried this also last night, but installed some other packages as well, so I wasn't sure what could have caused the error. I restored my whole system to some hours before, had a working harfbuzz 0.9.14, tried to install 0.9.16 and got the error.
Last night when I got this error I tried going back to install 0.9.14 and then got the same error, so I'm not sure what to do now.

I have version 0.6.16 running on a Ubuntu system, but this OSX is my local dev machine.