[HarfBuzz] Further splitting libharfbuzz.so

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:09:28 PDT 2013

I am all for modularity.

But if the FT module is small, I guess you can avoid splitting it to a
separate SO unless it's important to be able to switch off the
dependency on that (I don't think so, since most environments use FT
anyway).

As for GLib/GObject/Cairo -- please do separate them away from the
main HB lib -- I don't care whether they are all clumped together or
have their own separate SO-s, so long as you remove the dependency on
them from the main SO. I use Qt/KDE, so I would like to have as little
outer dependencies as possible. (I think Qt depends on GLib (?) but
surely not GObject and Cairo.)

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा