[HarfBuzz] Thai shaping and dotted circle

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 1 01:10:53 PDT 2013

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 08:26:29 +0700
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep at linux.thai.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Richard Wordingham
> <richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Relying on 'mkmk' is a little bit costly, as it would need two sets
> of glyphs under different GDEF's for each combining vowel. And
> currently, most fonts are not prepared for this. However, it looks
> more feasible to cover minority languages.

I don't understand the need for 'two sets of glyphs under different
GDEF's for each combining vowel'.  On the other hand, a mkmk lookup
might become about 7 times as large when one includes all pairs of
marks above.  Combinations of marks below with one another further
increase the amount of mkmk lookup.

Richard.