[HarfBuzz] HB Tester GUI

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 10:29:46 PDT 2013

Hello people.

I just made a quick PyQt4 app to help testing latest HB's rendering of
given text. I think it should be straightforward to use. Since it
calls hb-view from a subshell, you have to have hb-view at a place
where the system's path environment would detect it.

Current limitations: I am not sure how to feed multi-line text to HB.
I hence replace all newlines from the input text with spaces.

I also attach a script which I use to automatically install latest HB
to /usr/local/ from which above program can (on my system) access
hb-view.

The latest build-deps for HB for this to work seem to be: ragel
pkg-config autoconf libtool libglib2.0-dev libfreetype6-dev
libcairo2-dev gtk-doc-tools and of course libgraphite2-dev if you want
to test HB-Gr2.

I hope this would be useful to others. Any comments/bugreports/patches
appreciated. Thanks.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा