[HarfBuzz] HB Tester GUI

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 22:57:10 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:51 AM, Cibu Johny (സിബു) <cibu at google.com> wrote:
> Could you describe when would somebody use this script instead of hb-view?

Why would somebody use Dolphin or Nautilus (or Windows Explorer if you
are not a *nixer) instead of a terminal and Bash?!

I always found having to use hb-view from the terminal (and piping its
output to Imagemagick's display) quite awkward and not convenient for
testing. HB is about *shaping* and I want to immediately and quickly
and *visually* see the final shape of text that I input. With this app
(and while technically some might call it a "script") it's easy to do
that. That much was obvious, I thought...

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा