[HarfBuzz] The canonical ordering of hamza marks

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Oct 18 15:18:01 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 02:57:43PM -0700, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> Khaled, you are referring to a specific style of writing the Koran. There
> are several others, which Unicode should be able to represent.

I’m not sure I follow here, if you think there should be a way to
differentiate between two forms of prolongation mark (aka Quranic
Madda), something I have never seen but i’m open to learn something new,
then a new code point should be encoded, instead of abusing a Hamza (aka
the other Madda) that has an incompatible normalization behaviour in
Unicode.

And you ignored my other point.

Regards,
Khaled