[HarfBuzz] Clang warnings while compiling HB trunk

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 04:44:24 PDT 2013

Hello. I'm running Clang 3.2 on Kubuntu Saucy. My HB Git clone is
up-to-date as of the present instant.

Since I "forgot" to install build-essential, GCC (4.8.1) is currently
NOT installed on my Saucy system. Hence the HB build system detected
Clang and compiled using it and I came across some warnings which I
don't remember getting when compiling using GCC. I remember reading
that Clang is more stringent about language grammar than GCC so I am
reproducing the shell transcript so the devels can look into those and
possibly fix any hiding bugs.

On the terminal I get it in colour so it's too bad I can't copy-paste
that into the text file! But you can identify the Clang warnings (and
errors) by searching for ~~ (two tildes).

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा