[HarfBuzz] Indic reordering failing with latest HB trunk

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 11:02:49 PDT 2013

Hello. My local HB Git clone is at
ac8cd511911c7dca6222d14fa758bff75d601567 which git reports to be
up-to-date.

For some reason HB seems to have gone haywire in doing Indic
reordering. I tested Devanagari, Tamil and Malayalam.

Sample text used:

Devanagari: कर्माणि

Tamil: கெ கே கை கொ கோ கௌ

Malayalam: കെ കേ കൈ കൊ കോ കൌ

I tested with Lohit family of fonts and FreeSans (and Sanskrit 2003
for Devanagari). I attach the wrong renderings. The right renderings
come from Qt 4.8.5 (probably old HB).

Probably other Indic scripts also have this problem.

LibO 4.1.2 in Kubuntu Saucy seems also to have this problem. I am not
sure if it is inherited from HB or what.

BTW is harfbuzz-indic still active or not or have we fully merged it
into this list?

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा