[HarfBuzz] Post Base Substitution fails with Malayalam repha

Suresh P sureshp at gmx.com
Fri Sep 13 02:28:46 PDT 2013

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> Hi Suresh,
>
> Please specify the exact font (version? link?) being used, to ensure
> we can reliably reproduce the problem. Thanks.

As Rejeesh pointed out this happens with any traditional lipi font. I am
not aware of what Uniscribe does with it. Meanwhile, if the reph postion
flag for Malayalam changed to REPH_POS_AFTER_POST from
REPH_POS_AFTER_MAIN ( in hb-ot-shape-complex-indic.cc ) the problem
disappears!. But then it is moved even after the post base matra which
is undesirable, too.