[HarfBuzz] hb-view hb-shape documentation

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Sep 26 10:27:18 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 06:48:26PM +0200, Eduardo Castineyra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to use the hb-view and hb-shape tools but I don't get
> how do they work.
>
> This is the output I got from hb-view, is there any documentation to
> know what can I do with the outcome?

If you don't specify an output file name, hb-view will do some sort of
Unicode-art to draw the glyphs on the terminal. This works fine on
Unicode-capable terminals, but I guess Windows’s cmd.exe is not such a
one.  You can specify the output file name and format explicitly, see
hb-view --help.

Regards,
Khaled