[HarfBuzz] improving hb_ot_hide_default_ignorables

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 08:26:42 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:

> ...except in the (unlikely) case where the font does not actually support
> the <space> character. This will be almost vanishingly rare, of course - but
> unfortunately it happens with the "MarkA" font that's used for a variety of
> rendering tests.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why don't you just add the
space glyph to that font? I mean, it's not as if you actually have to
draw any glyph! You mention that the patch will impact performance. In
which case, trying to support a font without a space glyph doesn't
seem as good justification, no?

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा