[HarfBuzz] improving hb_ot_hide_default_ignorables

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 27 14:03:18 PDT 2013

On 27/9/13 19:14, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Thanks Jonathan.  Can you test my alternate approach?  Attached.

Close, but not quite. Move the statement

     j++;

to the very end of the loop -- if you increment it too early, you'll end
up propagating the first glyph to all the following positions, which is
not at all what we want!

With that change, it appears to work as required.

IMO, it's a bit trickier to understand than my version; it should be a
bit more efficient in the case where (a) space is not available, and (b)
there are multiple stray ignorables, but that should be such a rare
situation that I didn't think the performance issue was worth worrying
about.

Anyhow, I'll leave it up to you; either patch should solve the issue.

JK