[HarfBuzz] build problem backporting harfbuzz 0.9.27-1 Debian package to Debian stable

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Wed Apr 2 14:41:50 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to backport harfbuzz to Debian stable as part of an attempt to
backport TeX Live 2013 from testing/unstable to Debian stable.

See https://bugs.debian.org/734389. This is with 0.9.25, but I get a
similar problem with 0.9.27-1. I speculate in the bug report that
gobject-introspection needs to be a more recent version, but would
appreciate confirmation of this before I go haring off in that direction.
Your configure script does not pick this up, in any case. I have the
following version of gobject-introspection installed.

ii  gobject-introspection      1.32.1-1        amd64           Generate interface introspection data for GObject libraries

I think I may have tried to backport a more recent version of
gobject-introspection and run into problems.

I've also found this
(https://github.com/mapnik/mapnik-packaging/issues/131)
but it was closed without comment.

I attach a complete build log for 0.9.27-1 showing the build failure.
Pointers would be appreciated.

Please CC me on any reply. Thanks.

                                                Regards, Faheem Mitha