[HarfBuzz] problem with hb_ot_layout_lookup_would_substitute

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sat Jan 4 17:51:26 PST 2014

On 14-01-02 11:53 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> For your 'c' parameter, you want to be using the glyph ID of the
>> default 'f' glyph, not the character code 'f'.  That's what lookup 1
>> will apply to.
>
> Doh.  Thanks, it works now.  It's *really* time that HarfBuzz gets
> documented :-)

That's definitely true.  But Werner, you being FreeType maintainer of over a
decade, I don't agree with you this time.  *You* should know that a parameter
called "glyphs" takes glyph indices, not Unicode characters...

That said, I also want to add that the documentation infrastructure is fully
in place and all that is missing is content.  Anyway can document a function
or two and send a me patch / pull request.

Cheers,