[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz 1.0 API; the message you were hoping would never come

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Jan 5 14:25:48 PST 2014

Another thing that I’d like to see sorted before the API is finalised,
is reverse mapping of output glyphs to input characters with proper
handling of combing marks. I feel we should keep the current cluster
stuff since it might have its uses (I’m not sure though) and introduce a
separate way for that mapping. Either way, I think a more indicative
name would be better (it took me sometime to understand what those
clusters are for and they mislead me quit a bit when I tried to use
HarfBuzz for the first time).

Regards,
Khaled